IGNORED

R1200RTW - Annual Service Requirements

Nomore76

Just took my '14 RT into the local dealership for the first annual service. The "Service Required" light must have a calendar built in because it started coming on exactly one year after the break-in service was completed (with only 4,000 miles on the odometer).

Question: Where can I find the required maintenance items (and the schedule) listed? Most bikes have this in the back of the Owner's Manual, but not this bike. Even if the shop honestly and completely lists everything they did, how can I check to make sure they did everything required? Is this a way to make sure I never attempt to do my own service?

The service reminder is both calendar and mileage based...whichever comes first lights it up. I noticed this when I did my 6000 mile service and reset the service indicator using a GS-911. It gave me options to vary both.

I am curious if your dealer gave you a detailed list of what was accomplished and how it compares with the list on JVB's site.

BTW, JVB's DVD made the service relatively painless. Great value.

Hmm..mine was a year old in February, hasn't had a 6k yet, and the light isn't on. Maybe they reset mine after the recall was returned in October.

Archived