IGNORED

Clutch Switch Location??

Shaman97

Bike won't start with clutch released. Need to find location of this switch. Is it located in the handlebar area or 'down under' requiring fairing removal?

HI MATE

Mitch is spot on , but if you want to bridge out the switch without cutting any wiring you will need to remove the nosecone and trace the wires from the switch to it,s connector which is located on the l.h.s of the bike. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

If your Neutral switch is working, and the nuetral lite comes on you can start the bike while in nuetral.

Meanwhile, the harness for the clutch switch has a connector up behind the dash near the mount for the left speaker. You'll need to cut a gazzillion tie wraps to free the the cable. I ended up removing my dash to get easier access, and for the life of me I could not get the switch out, I had my local dealer remove it and install a new one for $25.00 labor and $18.00 for the switch; while I enjoyed a cup of their coffee! The time consuming routing of the wire harness I did to save money..

Altrenatively, you could simply cut the wires going to the clutch switch and wire them together. Bike thinks the clutch is in, starts all the time. clap.gif

Archived