IGNORED

Holland Michigan Tulip Festival May 2-9

Whip

Anyone ever been? Yes.

Where should we stay? Sorry, it was a looong time ago. We day-tripped from Grand Rapids.

Is it as striking as it looks in pictures? Yes.

All ears

Back in the day, when my family lived in MI, I went a couple of times with my parents. As a bored teenager, I wasn't that into it. If the weather cooperates, the flower displays are quite beautiful. The town is nice and near the lake. In May, however, it's probably not warm enough for swimming. Lot's of other, smaller Dutch-settled towns in the vicinity.

Anyone ever been? Yes.

Where should we stay? Sorry, it was a looong time ago. We day-tripped from Grand Rapids.

Is it as striking as it looks in pictures? Yes.

All ears

Back in the day, when my family lived in MI, I went a couple of times with my parents. As a bored teenager, I wasn't that into it. If the weather cooperates, the flower displays are quite beautiful. The town is nice and near the lake. In May, however, it's probably not warm enough for swimming. Lot's of other, smaller Dutch-settled towns in the vicinity.

Thanks

Ya think we should stay downtown or on the water?

Ya think we should stay downtown or on the water?

Keep in mind, it's been forever since I've been there...

My mom went for the flowers, my dad went for the lake (the big one). Personally, I would try to stay near the water, Lake Macatawa in Holland. There's a walk-way there and it's close to the center of town.

We would always end up at Lake Michigan though. There are dunes just south of Holland, and further north, near Muskegon.

Archived