IGNORED

R1150RT ABS Pressure Modulator - Is it serviceable?

ruok

I get the impression the R1150RT ABS pressure modulator is a throw-away, non-servicable unit. Am I correct? Mine's working fine, but I was just curious.

Anybody familiar with the mechanism inside the ABS pressure modulator that passes the control circuit pressure to the wheel circuits?

It is indeed officially non-serviceable.

That being said, there has been some people who have successfully disassembled them to say, free a stuck piston or something. But no individual internal parts are available.

It is indeed officially non-serviceable.

That being said, there has been some people who have successfully disassembled them to say, free a stuck piston or something. But no individual internal parts are available.

I was afraid it was non-serviceable. Since it costs something like $1500, guess I'll hope, pray, cross my fingers, it keeps on ticking after my warranty expires.

Alien_Hitchhiker

I've already made up my mind - when the ABS goes kaput on my '00 RT the whole dang system comes off the bike. No more blinking red lights on the dash, ever again, and I'll take the bike to a big empty parking lot and re-learn ABS free braking techniques.

Jeff from Massachusetts

I've already made up my mind - when the ABS goes kaput on my '00 RT the whole dang system comes off the bike. No more blinking red lights on the dash, ever again, and I'll take the bike to a big empty parking lot and re-learn ABS free braking techniques.

OR just find a used one somewhere and swap it out.

Archived