IGNORED

How to hear Nav V through bike speakers?

AnalyzeThis

I'm unable to hear Nav V through bike speakers. Please Help!

Per BMW it should be possible...anyone got this to work?

http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/index.html?content=http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/equipment/navigation2014/faq/faq_bluetooth_general.html&prm_action=&notrack=1

Can I hear the voice instructions from the BMW Motorrad Navigator V without using a Bluetooth communication system?

Yes, you can. Voice messages in the K 1600 GT / GTL and R 1200 RT motorcycles are reproduced in conjunction with the special audio platform accessory via the motorcycle's loudspeakers. If using a car kit for the BMW Motorrad Navigator V (part number 77 52 8 544 460), the voice instructions are outputted through the loudspeakers in the car mounting.

Crazy as it sounds, on the Nav V touchscreen turn the sound off and then back on again. Sound will now come through the speakers. I just verified this on the bike. Same issue when using Bluetooth.

I will be damned. That did work! :grin: Thank you for the great tip

Ok now this became a 2-part question.

What should I set the SRC (Source) button to? If I don't want to listen to radio, but just want for GPS to chime in over the speakers.

I set it to unused source like AUX-IN or USB, which seems to work. Just one annoyance...now the dashboard is showing AUX-IN, since the radio is turned on, rather than my usual pick of digital Speedo

I don't have an answer for that one. I've been doing the same as you...picking an unused source. The annoying part of that through Bluetooth is the static hum.

I played with wanting to do the same as you, hear just the GPS but no music. I found that the only thing to do was do just what you did and use the line in or USB in with nothing hooked up. But once I got it paired with my old Scala set, it only wants to use the Scala if the Nav V Bluetooth is on.

Archived