IGNORED

Anybody Use the Sub Mach Peg Lower Kit?

travelinman

I did a search on this and found some info but wanted to hear from some of you. I'm interested in the Suburban Machinery Rider peg lowering kit and extended shift lever.

Is it that much better thans stock?

Do they touch down a lot when cornering?

Do you need the new shift lever if you don't have big feet ?

Any other downsides?

Thanks

Allan

04 RT

I have used them for approx. 10k miles and they make the bike much more comfortable for me (34" inseam, seat in middle position). They will touch on spirited cornering, but I don't ride the RT that aggressively (the Ducati is for that wink.gif). They are nicely machined and finished. The brake lever can be adjusted to suit the lower peg; the stock shifter height takes a little getting used to (especially on the 1-2 up-shift) but should soon feel natural. I highly recommend them. thumbsup.gif

the stock shifter height takes a little getting used to

I've had them for 40K, they're quite fine. Didn't change the shift lever and I still occasionally miss that 1-2 shift. Not enough to go to the trouble of buying and installing the modified lever at this point, though.

I have had them for 20,000 miles. My knees were hitting the faring with my Corbin seat in the middle position. They broght my legs back just enough and I find them more comfortable.

If I am doing twisties I tend to crank the ride height up as high as it will go to max the lean. In this position you have to be on the edge to scrape the pegs.

Archived