IGNORED

Saddlebag liners

Yez216

I just bought a new 2014 RT and I'm new to this forum.

I'm interested in buying a set of liners for the saddlebags. Which brand is recommended? OEM BMW? RKA? Cee Bailey? Kathy"s Journey Designs?

Opinions and recommendations would be appreciated.

-Bill

Like opinions, everybody has one and they will like the one they bought the best.

I looked at every brand available after I bought my new RT. Never had liners and was looking forward to going into hotels on road trips looking at least civilized. The liners won't help a dripping riding suit however.

I bought the three piece set from Cee Baileys. Since I don't use them everyday, cost was a factor. The Cee Baileys seemed to be the least expensive. I didn't find much in the way of negative reviews of them. I am very impressed with the look and quality of them. Zippers are large and should last the life of the liners. Straps are well thought out and should be very functional for putting a couple bags over your shoulder while you carry more stuff in your hands. Seem to fit in the cases well. I don't know what you could do to them to make me any happier with them.

I bought the RKA. They are made in the US, which is a plus for me but not imperitive. They are simple and functional, but completely lacking in features. The handle is a simple strap that can double as a shoulder strap.

Were I to do it over again I think I would go with the Cee Bailey or the Kathy's. Both have a few features (pockets, webbing, etc) and have much better handles with a separate shoulder strap. They both come up from the side of the bag and should be much more stable than the RKAs, which tend to flop around with the strap coming off the ends of the bag.

Tom

I had never thought that I wanted liners until now! I had looked at (online) the popular ones, and have read a lot of comments over the years. The choice for me came down to Kathy's or RKA. Finally bought Kathy's, and the bags are very well made. The materials is, IMHO, better than RKA's. RKA uses a coating of vinyl for waterproofing, and that was not a good thing for me. I tend to shy away from anything vinyl, if possible, because they tend to degrade over time and becomes brittle or leaves sticky mess.

Archived