IGNORED

Seth Laam seats?

bgf50

Well now that the weather is total crap I'm thinking of getting the seat redone on my 2014 RT.

It's odd that I really liked the seats on my last 2 RT's but I like everything but the seat on the 2014. I'm 5'10", 170 lbs. and I find the new seat pushes me into the tank too much.

I recently discovered the Seth Laam custom seat and was wondering if anybody has any experience with his product. It is certainly much more reasonably priced that the others. Not really interested in a Russel as I don't want the seat wider and taller. I did get a pretty decent seat from Rick Mayer 15 years ago but it looks like his shop is pretty unreliable nowadays.

Thanks

I'll have to look at the mount for the front of the seat butt I think it's similar to my 02R1150RT. I used jacks to lift up the front, it was a kit I got from Cycle Gadgets but it would be easy to just make the spacer. You could use nylon washers.

Jay

My friend had a seat done by Seth and he said he rode all day and never thought about the seat at all. Looks good too. Seth used to work for Rick Mayer before going on his own. I have to decide between Bill Mayer and Seth for my 14 RT. Leaning towards the Seth at this point because I've read a bunch of positive reviews and the price is very good.

Very happy with my SL seat. Good price, great comm; all back in two weeks. I think the comfort comes from the reshaping, not magic foam. Good luck.

• 3 months later...

I should be getting my new seat by the end of the week. Was all set to order a smooth vinyl dual heated seat in all black but Seth recommended going with the vinyl carbon fiber in Black with silver stitching just along the sides, not on the top. Hope he was right and more importantly hope it proves to be very comfortable. Price for dual seats was $460 including shipping. Will send pics when it is installed.

I've got about 1,000 or so miles on my seat and it is significantly more comfortable than stock. Also definitely more firm.

Is it same height as stock? How many miles have you been able to do without discomfort?

There seems to be no difference in the height.

I'm not an iron but guy. I have done a couple of 250 mile days without any problems.

Thanks. Didn't get mine by the weekend so I assume it will be here Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait to try it out.

Archived