IGNORED

14/15 R1200RT Audio/Nav V/iPhone and Communicator?

Whooosh

I bought a BMW Communicator, installed inside Schuberth helmet with my new RT. After four failures of the Communicator, BMW authorized my dealer to buy the Schuberth and BMW Communicator back from me at full price.

Now I still need a communicator that will work with the Audio/Nav V and my iPhone.

The Sena 20s seems promising. Here's what SENA's Help Desk says about how to coordinate the integration: "You can pair the 20s to your iPhone directly or through the Nav V.

If you pair the 20s to your iPhone directly, you can use the Siri function and also answer calls directly by tapping on the phone button/jog dial on the 20s. You also won't need to have the Nav V with you and powered on at all times to answer calls.

The second method is to pair the 20s to the Nav V via Second Mobile Phone pairing, then Nav V to your iPhone. With this method, phone calls are answered on the screen of the Nav V and you also will have access to your phonebook. But Siri function will not work when tapping the phone button, as the Nav V cannot recognize that signal and transmit it to your iPhone.

To pair the 20s to the BMW's audio system, simply use Mobile Phone Pairing. Since the 20s has only one A2DP channel for bluetooth music streaming, you will not be able to use other devices for music."

This still leaves me wondering, "will I really have it all...?"

Suggestions? Opinions? Recommendations? Anyone done this or similar?

Thanks,

Whooosh

The only thing you wont have is the ability to control the volume using the wonder wheel on the bike, this function will not work.

Right, David. Thanks for pointing that out. And, I can live without the Wonder Wheel for volume, if still useful for other tasks like changing stations, moving through the menu...

How easy is it to control the volume from the Sena? I was going to buy two new Shuberth c3 pro with the bmw communications but read that the sound is not very good for music. Would like to hear what you think of audio quality with music and if you are able to share the music with a passenger. Also wondering if you could share the Sirius satellite from the bike. I'm leaning towards buying a sena with shoei flip helmet(whichever one the latest is).

I have 14RT with Nav 5. I use an Iphone. It all sync's fine on my Sena SMH10 and as previous said, the wonder wheel will not adjust volume. All your other radio controls on the side and your gps will work just fine. Adjusting the volume on the Sena is a piece of cake. Be sure you sync to Helmet 1 on the BMW menu. I had some early issues and the dealer told me about a Garmin Free App to make it all work better called Smart Link. Once I added that to my Iphone I have had zero problems. The quality of the radio through the speakers is no where near the quality of my ER6 I earphones, but it is awesome to be wireless.

Hope that helps.

Archived