IGNORED

Anyone installed an aftermarket horn on RTW?

OzarkR1200RT

OzarkR1200RT

Looking at Twisted Throttle Denali Sound Bomb. Trying to determine if will fit on new RT?

If yes, insight on where and how it is mounted would be great......photos?

Thanks for the help!

I had my dealer install a Stebel prior to delivery. And, while traveling on a borrowed GS, another dealer recommended putting Stebel on the GS.

It's loud!

www.stebel-usa.com

Earlier bike, without CANBUS, but Moshe Levy did a great writeup, with pictures, a chart, and even an audio recording of stock horn, dual airhorns inside the fairing, and a BMW automobile horn.

Stock R1150RT horn: 89 dB at 50 feet

With dual air horns: 109 dB at 50 feet

Keep in mind that the decibel is a logarithmic unit, so the difference between 89 and 109 dB is huge.

OzarkR1200RT

Thanks for the advice Fella's!

Rob - like your horn and mod. Did you install the new horn where the existing horn sits?

Do you have a picture of the location you could send?

Many thanks To!

OzarkR1200RT

Thanks for the links! Very helpful!

Looks like it mounts in between the fork tubes. Now it is if off Home Depot to find something I can modify. Really appreciate the help!

Thanks for the links! Very helpful!

Looks like it mounts in between the fork tubes. Now it is if off Home Depot to find something I can modify. Really appreciate the help!

The bracket comes with the harness and the harness, except for mounting the relay is truly plug and play. So easy, worth the $.

The only thing that surprised me is that the harness does not come with a fuse. They actually show you connecting the main power from the battery directly to the relay. I will be using my power distribution box to power the horn.

garyindartmoor

Have you considered using 2 Stebel Magnum (Fiamm do similar) electro magnetic horns instead of the Nautilus (or equivalent) air horn?

My experience with the airhorn is it takes the compressor a split second to build air pressure before sounding, whilst the electro magnetic horns are instantaneous. The db output of the 2 magnums is the same as the airhorn.

Also they are two tone (one high, one low) which makes the sound more strident IMO, and being 2 units there is more flexibility when it comes to finding space to locate them.

Having tried both approaches before, I'm opting for the 2 horns on my RT-LC. Will post piccies etc in due course.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived