IGNORED

mystery info panel display

walton66

On my 2013, there was a indication on the info panel today that I haven seen and can't find in the manual. It was a grey football snapped icon with what appears to be the letter h.

:S

Any clues,

thanks

Hank R1200RT
On my 2013, there was a indication on the info panel today that I haven seen and can't find in the manual. It was a grey football snapped icon with what appears to be the letter h.

:S

Any clues,

thanks

I have seen the information "icon", which is . Could you:

a. post a picture somewhere of this?

b. let us know where on the display it appears?

And just to be sure, please clean your display to ensure that no specks of stuff are slightly deforming what is displayed.

Best regards,

Went out this morning and it's not there but it was to the right of the temperature display. I'd been riding through rain and drizzle, is there a 'humidity' display. I'll take a photo if it shows again.

Is your mystery icon the number (10) Hill Start icon?

2013 - camhead; no Hill Start.

My money is on the oil level indication -- one of the view things on my '12 camhead that appears in the center of the display, not in line with the other data on the left side of the display.

Is your mystery icon the number (10) Hill Start icon?

2013 - camhead; no Hill Start.

My money is on the oil level indication -- one of the view things on my '12 camhead that appears in the center of the display, not in line with the other data on the left side of the display.

Morning Mark

My posted picture came from the late 2013 riders manual, page (24).

My posted picture came from the late 2013 riders manual, page (24).

Morning, D.R.,

That is the dash on the wethead RT (very similar to the dash on my K16). A late 2013 manual would cover the liquid cooled 2014 R12RT.

Morning Mark

Yes, but that was the only thing I could find that showed an (H) just to the right of the temp display.

I believe it may be an oil level low display. If you have the option to monitor the oil level, go to that display and run the bike for a little bit and then let it idle- if the oil level is good, a check mark will appear in the icon. If it is "low" the "H" symbol will appear. Just because the symbol appears does not necessarily mean the oil level is too low. It may come and go in the display when the oil level is near the tipping point for the sensor. If there is oil in the sight glass while on the centerstand, engine off, you are still ok. My experience with this system is that it is pessimistic almost to a fault.

Frank

Thanks. The level in the sight glass was kissing the bottom of the ring and took about 400ml to get it about half between the dot and the top of the ring. This was cold. It was rainy today so perhaps tomorrow I can warm it up and have a look.

Questions about the symbol are pretty common. It really does not shout "Low Oil!" to anyone. And on my bike it is usually wrong, anyway.

Another reason I think BMW should replace the instrument panel with an Android tablet so they could provide explicit info about any problem or sensor output.

Archived