IGNORED

RT Audio "Overtime"

meadowd

I have a RT1200 LT with audio and Nav V fitted. I keep getting a one word message in a loud voice which states "Overtime" even at the beginning of the ride. Does anyone know how to reset or stop this happening please.

Is there anything plugged into the USB port? What mode do you have the audio system in when the message plays? FM / Sat / Aux?

For what it's worth, I've never experienced anything like this with my RT.

It's a new feature implemented by BMW's proprietary "COINBUS" system. When the checking balance is low and the payment on your motorcycle loan is nearly due, you are reminded that you need to work some overtime.

Sorry for typo its a 2015 model R1200RT LE, however its the same Alpine Audio unit and Nav V system as the 1600. Thinking about it the only common unit is the Navigator V system as I had the same issue but only after 2 hours constant riding on my previous R1200RT LE LC (but without Audio) and using the same Autocom unit. I have used this Autocom unit with a Zumo550 on several other bikes but never had this issue before. This leads me to think that its sourced by the Nav V system.

Problem solved, I have an Intaride Bike-2-Bike radio in the system and the VOX was on. If the circuit is open without any transmission for a set time it announces the "Overtime" reminder. Live and learn I guess!

Archived