IGNORED

Removing Body Panels on a K1200RS

OlGeezer

Is there a trick to this? I know that my RT preferred a certain order, etc. Any guidance would be appreciated.

As of right now, my only "need" is to route my GPS power and tank bag power to the battery. I'm probably being a little too optimistic in thinking I could fish the wires under the tank when I probably will have to lift it a little. To me, that means I need to take off all of the body panels, but what do I know? This (the K1200RS) is new territory for me.

Thank you,

Ok, for the 97-01 version, but will help.

The ergo changes in '02 made changes. link

Good info at Pirate's Lair how to .

There is a hidden one up front in the lower front throttle side

that is fun when you are removing the lower black cowling,

And if you ever are going to remove the luggage rack, there is one back up under the seat that pnly a ball head will work on and is a royal pain.

Best wishes.

• 2 weeks later...

Theres a sneaky little screw up on the inside of the left hand side fairing. Mark all the screws on a card as they are all different lengths. Be careful as there are two pegs that locate into rubber bushes ease these out carefully and when putting back use a bit of silicone grease to aid them slipping back in.

Good luck when lining everything back up don't tighten anything up until you have all of the screws located.

Archived