IGNORED

Picking up new '15 RT today!

Redline2015

Excited to pick up my new RT today. Will be my first BMW and fell in love with the ride and technology. Looking forward to participating more in the forum too!

Welcome!

Don't know what you had/have that you are replacing, but the new RT is really quite well done. I am surprised at its performance and comfort every time I ride it!

Congratulations!

Hello, rode 70 miles on the first day and had to lane split the Holiday traffic. Coming from a Honda 919 it was quite a change. Loving the bike! Had an issue with the Emergency Key not working. I have the new Keyless entry. A and S Bikes fixed it up for me though so it's all working. I am thinking of putting on some ClearWater lights. Don't know which ones though. Noticed that the lights at night could be a little brighter. I will post some pics when I can. I live in Roseville, CA. Have a good Xmas!

Marc

Marc,

I put a set of Darlas on mine and they greatly improve the lighting at night. Also, they integrate with the wonder wheel so no additional switch or knob to mount.

Alan

Might want to investigate to see if your lights are aimed correctly.

My '14 GSA LED headlight was way low on delivery,adjusted it up and its now the best factory or aftermarket BMW headlight I've ever had,including past HID conversions.

Your headlight is different,but may get similar benefit.

If you still are not satisfied,then Darla's and Kristas are very good.If you want eyeball scorching power,get the Ericas.

Another good option to consider is the Denali D4 from Twisted Throttle,that's what I'm adding to my GSA for those dark backroad nights here in CA and the NW/SW US.

WeBBikeWorld has a good review on their site.

It combines driving and flood beams in one lamp.Very sturdy construction and just over $300 per pair.

JR356

Alan - Does that mean a trip to the dealer is necessary to get the Darla's activated in the bikes computer?

Also, did you get crash bars and mount to those, or some other mounting mechanism?

Dave_zoom_zoom
Noticed that the lights at night could be a little brighter.

Marc

Hello and welcome Redline! :wave:

Correct headlight adjustment is------------

Adjust them up a little at a time until oncoming traffic starts to flash you when you are on dims. Than lower them a bit until the oncoming flashing "almost" stops. Beats the he-- out of any factory adjustment!

Dave

Alan - Does that mean a trip to the dealer is necessary to get the Darla's activated in the bikes computer?

No, the Darlas come with the "canopener" supplied by Clearwater; it's a very easy installation.

You can hook up with FIREFIGHT911 on this board as he lives in Folsom CA and has a good BMW background and is a long time board member.

I used to live in Roseville many years ago and I'm sure it has changed a lot since then. Would water ski on Lake Folsom in the summer. Today in New York City our temperature hit a high of freezing.

Happy Hew Year.

Welcome to our community.

I tried to use the DDM HID lights on my 2014 RT and they would not work. Tried DDM's fix and it still did not work. I really miss the HID headlights that I used on my 07 and 2012 RTs. AND did you notice there's only one low beam headlight now? Truly sucks. Lighting is nowhere near as good.

Oh, and be careful of the body work. The new body work is very fragile and broken tabs around the sound system control area and opposite side are common. Also watch the stud/grommet attachments. A little vaseline, silicone or lubriplate is a good idea.

BMW did replace my body panels. These are the panels w/ the R1200 RT on them. Touring Sport in Greenville, SC was very helpful.

Other than those issues, I really like the new wethead RT.

Hopefully they've corrected these faults on your 15 RT.

Archived