IGNORED

Looking for tire suggestions for K 1100 LT

Bud

Don't know if there are any other 1100LT folks here or not. Currently have Metzlers and wondering if something else would give equal mileage and better stick.

Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Don't know if there are any other 1100LT folks here or not. Currently have Metzlers and wondering if something else would give equal mileage and better stick.

Any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Bud,

I was really happy with Michelin Mac50E front and Mac50 rears. I switch to them when Metzeler ran out of tires back in '95 or so. Lately I've been running ME-880's 100X90X18 and 140X80X17. Great mileage, decent stick.

Mick

Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!Metzlers!!

Better Stick? Are you racing this bike?

Pat

I run the Michelins too. I used to run the Metzelers all the time but the mileage just wasn't there for me. I found the Michelins handle as well and give me MUCH better mileage.

I run the Michelins too. I used to run the Metzelers all the time but the mileage just wasn't there for me. I found the Michelins handle as well and give me MUCH better mileage.

Which Michelin?

I used to run Michelin Macadams on my K75, they were OK but felt kinda "hard", not as sticky as I like. I love my Metzeler Z6's on my RT and Metzeler Tourance's on the GS, so I decided to try the new Metzeler LaserTecs on the K75. They have the older style traditional tread design but are built with the latest and greatest radial technology and rubber compounds. The difference between the Macadams and the LazerTechs is IMMEDIATELY obvious, a much smoother ride and significantly stickier in corners. They seem to be wearing very well, too, I've got about 5000 on the set and more than half the tread is left with no cupping or funky wear patterns at all. The K75 is very easy on tires, I typically get almost twice the mileage out of tires on it as the RT. I burn the tires off the GS really quick! tongue.gif

I got the Lasertecs from Southwest Mototires, and a quick search shows they still carry them:

Southwest MotoTires, MEZ LaserTec

Here's the Metzler site link, scroll down to LaserTec for a description and sizing:

Metzeler tires

The price is actually slightly cheaper through the Metzeler site than SWMotoTires, but SWMotoTires will ship two or more FREE, that makes it a better deal. I've had nothing but outstanding service from Southwest. I suspect these would be fabulous tires on your K1100LT.

Doug

I was really happy with Michelin Mac50E front and Mac50 rears. I switch to them when Metzeler ran out of tires back in '95 or so. Lately I've been running ME-880's 100X90X18 and 140X80X17. Great mileage, decent stick.

With my K100RT, I was running a Metzeler ME330 (front) and ME880 (rear). Adhesion was not too bad, but I was not impressed with the wear. Like Mick, I switched to the Macadam 50s and they seem good. Adhesion is good and so far, wear looks good too. Unlike the ME330s, Michelin puts a decent amount of tread on the Macadams, so that should help tire life as well.

By the way, I bought them from MotorcycleProShop.com. Great price and great service.

Bob.

Archived