IGNORED

Paint Code

realshelby

I have an '04 RT that I am sure is "Titan" silver. I need to touch up the tupperware and will do this myself. My automotive paint supplier says he can't get motorcycle paint codes. I usually use Dupont products. If I can get a code I may be able to cross it over. Anyone been through this?

I have an '04 RT that I am sure is "Titan" silver. I need to touch up the tupperware and will do this myself. My automotive paint supplier says he can't get motorcycle paint codes. I usually use Dupont products. If I can get a code I may be able to cross it over. Anyone been through this?

A quick search using +paint +code came up with this thread which has a link to a site with the paint codes.

Cya, Andy

Ask your Dupont dealer to look up the code for a BMW CAR! The codes are the same! This is how I found an exact match for the Biarritz Blue (#363)on my bike, and YES I did use Dupont!

Thanks Rob, that was the info I was hoping to find! With the help of those that posted the link to the codes I have the paint code. If it is a match for the cars then I have it made.

Ask your Dupont dealer to look up the code for a BMW CAR! The codes are the same! This is how I found an exact match for the Biarritz Blue (#363)on my bike, and YES I did use Dupont!

That's a COOL tip. I didn't realize that.

But I'll go you one better. Forget about the auto codes. Forget about the links to the paint codes referenced earlier. Just go to the source.

Look up your bike's make (BMW), model (1100/1150), and year, on a BMW microfiche (A&S BMW has one online). Look up plastics for your bike (should be easy to find, since you'll see six or eight duplicate slides covering each different color). On the same slide that contains part numbers for the plastics, you'll find something that looks like:

PAINT, TITANSILBER 354

Terry, your bike's paint code is 354.

Archived