IGNORED

600 Mile Service

hopz

Anyone have a list of the "services" performed on the 600 mile service for the '14 R12RT WC?

Any evidence that a "self-service" will keep BMW- North America "happy"?

It just an engine and final drive fluid change. The dealer will also do a computer check, if you have a GS911 that will be good. Check all fluids, brakes system and suspension. A good look over, not much to it.

I let the dealer do my 600, I did the 6000, I have receipts, picture of oil, filter with current news paper. I have a GS911. I found a fault with my horn, I must of created one when converting to an air horn.

Jay

I found a fault with my horn, I must of created one when converting to an air horn.

I have a "permanent" horn fault on my K16, as I installed a pair of Fiamm horns on a relay and the bike's circuit monitor no longer sees the "right" amount of resistance/voltage/current/whatever at the end of the horn harness. No problems.

I found a fault with my horn, I must of created one when converting to an air horn.

I have a "permanent" horn fault on my K16, as I installed a pair of Fiamm horns on a relay and the bike's circuit monitor no longer sees the "right" amount of resistance/voltage/current/whatever at the end of the horn harness. No problems.

I cleared the fault with the GS911 and rechecked I'll have to check again I can't remember if I put any miles on it... It's easy to check with the GS911, I do have to remove the lower right panel, two screws and a push pin :D

Jay

Anyone have a list of the "services" performed on the 600 mile service for the '14 R12RT WC?

Any evidence that a "self-service" will keep BMW- North America "happy"?

Hopz - look in the other forum and you will find BMW maintenance sheets for 600, 6,000, and 12,000 miles. I can't upload it here right now because my main computer is down, and that is where my copy of the document is located.

Many people will do all services, including the 600 miles, themselves and won't have problems with BMW, as long as you keep good records and logs. I am intending on doing all of my services myself except for this first one! I want my dealer to go through my new RT, just to make sure that everything is "kosher". That will be the only time that the dealer will see my RT until it's time for new tires, and at that time I will ask them to check the RT's BC to see if it needs updating to newer software versions. I am fortunate in that my dealer's rate is just $75/hr, and the 600 miles service on the '14 had cost me just $137, or thereabout!

Like others, I decided to let the dealer do the 600.

My invoice shows a gasket ring, oil filter, o-ring, gasket ring, 5 5w-40 synthetic oil, 1 synthetic gear oil 75W-140 and running in check. I think it may have also gotten a software upgrade but not sure.

Parts totaled $103.30 (the oil was EXPENSIVE) listed 2 hours of labor was $188.00. It took them less than hour and half though as I made an appointment so I could wait.

I did my own work on my K1200LT. It will be less expensive to buy the new GS-911 than it will to pay for the 6,000. Even the service department told me that if I was able to flush those servo brakes on the LT I'd have no problem with the RT.

Like others, I decided to let the dealer do the 600.

My invoice shows a gasket ring, oil filter, o-ring, gasket ring, 5 5w-40 synthetic oil, 1 synthetic gear oil 75W-140 and running in check. I think it may have also gotten a software upgrade but not sure.

Parts totaled $103.30 (the oil was EXPENSIVE) listed 2 hours of labor was $188.00. It took them less than hour and half though as I made an appointment so I could wait.

I did my own work on my K1200LT. It will be less expensive to buy the new GS-911 than it will to pay for the 6,000. Even the service department told me that if I was able to flush those servo brakes on the LT I'd have no problem with the RT.

I put 4 quarts Castrol Power RS http://www.amazon.com/Castrol-06410-Power-4-Stroke-Motorcycle/dp/B008MISDII/ref=sr_1_7?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1417379640&sr=1-7&keywords=castrol+motorcycle+oil it's at the top of the max circle after a 200 mile ride. The final drive only takes 180ml, the amount is measured this so no more or less.

Jay

• 1 month later...

Archived