IGNORED

R1200rt software updates

Bobup

Hi,I'm a new member.I just purchased a buy back bike with 500 miles on it.I have not picked it up yet.Before I pick it up I want to make sure all the software updates have been performed.Is there a list?It is still 2 weeks till I pick it up,which hopefully would be enough time to perform the updates.

Talk to the dealer that is selling the bike to you. The updates were most likely done when the shock was replaced.

BTW Welcome to the forum! Please fill out your profile so that we get an idea of where you are and the bike/s that you own :thumbsup:

From following the "Boards" - so far it looks like there is Firmware update Service Bulletins on the ASC (for locking up) ,ECU ( Surging in low gears), Switch Exchanges (seem to still fail) and a possible recall for a fastener on the Quick Shift Assist.

I'm planning to have my Dealer check all of that before delivery as well as changing the oil as these bikes may have been sitting around since Spring.

From following the "Boards" - so far it looks like there is Firmware update Service Bulletins on the ASC (for locking up) ,ECU ( Surging in low gears), Switch Exchanges (seem to still fail) and a possible recall for a fastener on the Quick Shift Assist.

I'm planning to have my Dealer check all of that before delivery as well as changing the oil as these bikes may have been sitting around since Spring.

Bought a 'buy back' a couple of weeks ago. Took it back last weekend for a change of registration and get the service light turned off (again). Have to return next week for all of the above Service Bulletins to be done.

Steve P

Steve,

I'm still waiting to pick up my "BuyBack". Did they offer to do the updates or did you have to ask about them?

Did they give a rough timeframe on how long it all takes?

Thanks

Firenailer

I was at the dealer for something else, and they mentioned the work as I was leaving. They said that they needed to order some parts which is why I have to go back (about an hours ride so not too far).

They didn't say how long the work would take, but I got the

impression that it wouldn't take very long. I'll let you know after Saturday.

Steve P

My dealer did a software update when I took the bike in to have the top box tail light "recognized". It ran a ton better at small throttle openings afterward, the slight surging was gone, and it seems snappier in dynamic mode as well.

I had problems with the heated seat a few weeks ago, ended up with a new seat and software patches applied to the heating controller. apparently there is also patches out for spurious oil level warnings.

always pays to get these updates done!

Just got back from having the work done under warranty. Took about an hour.

Replaced left hand switch cluster - start/stop button has had issues with sticking in on some bikes.

Replace bolt on quick shifter. Original bolt not had enough loctite. New bolt with extra Loctite.

Software update for seat heating - shutting off too early.

Hope this helps.

Steve P

Archived