IGNORED

6000 Mile Service

AlanS.

I did the 6000 mile service this weekend and it is not too bad. Oil change, brake flush, and reset service reminder. I do have Jim's DVD as I was worried about any differences from the Hondas I have gone through in the past. But, the 2014 RT is very easy to service and beemerboneyard.com has all the parts at a good price. I really like this bike and it is much better than the 2006 ST1300 that it replaced. I almost feel sorry to a friend of mine I sold the ST to, but I gave him a good price. Also, the GS-911 WiFi is worth it to reset the service reminder.

For the 12000 mile service I am looking forward to the valve check as the heads are just hanging out there to be played with.

Alan

I did the 6000 mile service this weekend and it is not too bad. Oil change, brake flush, and reset service reminder. I do have Jim's DVD as I was worried about any differences from the Hondas I have gone through in the past. But, the 2014 RT is very easy to service and beemerboneyard.com has all the parts at a good price. I really like this bike and it is much better than the 2006 ST1300 that it replaced. I almost feel sorry to a friend of mine I sold the ST to, but I gave him a good price. Also, the GS-911 WiFi is worth it to reset the service reminder.

For the 12000 mile service I am looking forward to the valve check as the heads are just hanging out there to be played with.

Alan

I'm including the fluid change of the final drive with each 6000 sMiles service. Not much to it, after having a 02R1150RT you learn watch the drive closely

Jay

Jay,

That is good to know. This is my first BMW so any and all help is appreciated. Do you know if the muffler has to be removed to pull the rear wheel?

Thanks,

Alan

Morning Alan

Rear wheel removal is on page 121 (or thereabouts) of your riders manual.

It doesn't mention any need to remove the muffler.

The best time to do a final drive service is when you replace the rear tire as the wheel is already removed for tire replacement.

Jay,

That is good to know. This is my first BMW so any and all help is appreciated. Do you know if the muffler has to be removed to pull the rear wheel?

Thanks,

Alan

No need to remove the rear tire for final drive fluid change, just make sure you have ridden the bike it should be warmed up.

To remove the rear tire, yes the muffler does need to be removed. I put anti seize on the clap to make future removal easy.

Jay

Archived