IGNORED

under oil cooler light brackets

walton66

Has anyone ever run across brackets for adding a pair of lights beneath the oil cooler on a 2013 RT. I bought some labeled for 2010 I think but there must be some slight differences because they will not work. I have some hanging on brackets under the mirrors that have kind of a wide pattern but would like a pair with a pretty direct pattern as well. Thanks

I ran some Denali lights under the oil cooler, mounting them with to two forward fairing screws under there and the small mounting brackets that came with them. A real PITA to remove the fairing sections.

After riding in front of it on a friend's bike, I moved them down to the fender. I figured they are more visible with a little more separation between them and the headlights. I don't have them to see as much as to BE SEEN.

Frank

yes, being seen!!!

I'm planning a cross country retirement trip next year and it is very possible that there will be a few long days to accomplish what I want, hence the desire for another pair. I saw some brackets for the fork legs and calipers that I need to look at as well. Thanks for the feedback.

A couple of friends have the Denali's mounted on the fender and when I see them in the mirror, they really stand out. I figured getting them up higher would make them more visible. But after actually seeing mine in the mirror, mounting them lower seemed to be the way to go. Plus doing any maintenance requiring removing any fairing meant they were the first to come off and that was difficult up under there.

Frank

Blind Squirrel

My Denali LEDs are mounted on my forks using the fender screws. I was looking for seperation from the headlights. I am very pleased with how well I can be seen (day or night) and the additional light they give off in the dark.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

The Ilium works peg mounts allow for not only hiway pegs but have an open tube facing forward (plug inserted). You can drive a nut in or tack weld one into the tube and it makes for a nice location to hang a pair of lights down low. Fabbing up a bracket is fairly simple.

Thought I had a picture with those mounts made and Hella micro DEs hung on them. You can see the peg mounts and, on the rider's right side, the plug in the tube. Those are mondo motos mini LED lamps hung under the mirrors. They're still there along with always on fogs on the peg mounts.

pic

file_zps216c3e9d.jpg

file_zps76f66ef1.jpg

I bought a Wunderlich Micro-flooter spotlight set from Nippy Normans. The brackets came with the lights. I had them hard wired into low beam which by law in Australia must be on during the day. I wanted to be seen.

At night they certainly add to the spread and reach of low beam though they don't penetrate into the far reaches of the darkness. Having said that though I think I now have a greater chance of spotting the kangaroos that are often on the side of the roads around here at night.

Ian

Archived