IGNORED

st Place to Pick Up Switched 12 Volts

Aussiegazza

I am installing a power distribution hub and the rear Powerlet connection does not have enough current to switch a relay.

I am assuming that when there is no load on the outlet, the ECU provides little voltage or current.

Any other suggestions for a 2014 R1200RT to get switched power to operate a relay?

CANBUS is a wonderful thing.

Garry

I am doing that, but I do not want my Autoswitch to be on continuously (if I can help it). This provides remote garage opening via hi-beam pulsing.

I have a Denali PowerHub2 fuse block that can provide both unswitched and switched power (via its own relay).

I want to power the Autoswitch and a new Nautilus Horn coming.

I wanted to have both switched. The horn can be unswitched without a problem though.

The Autoswitch has a red LED on continuously and even though the power draw would be very low, I really want it switched.

Garry

Morning Gerry

Is your rear outlet working?????

That rear power outlet is not a ramped power source.

It provides 10 amps at system voltage (usually between 12 & 14 volts), as long as the front isn't being used.

If the front outlet is being used then you need to combine the front/rear use & keep that combined at or under 10 amps.

I haven't sourced a low amp key-on power source on the waterhead yet so can't give you a definite place to tap key-on power from.

On the older hexhed/camhead 1200RT's I liked the front marker light circuit.

You probably do have a key-on power source at the diagnostic connector but that area usually takes taping into a wire so not a seamless non evasive place to grab power from.

You might see if anything usable (power wise) in the under-seat fuse box.

I am installing a power distribution hub and the rear Powerlet connection does not have enough current to switch a relay.

I am assuming that when there is no load on the outlet, the ECU provides little voltage or current.

Any other suggestions for a 2014 R1200RT to get switched power to operate a relay?

CANBUS is a wonderful thing.

Garry

That's strange you are having a problem, I'm using one of the fused lines under the front seat, you'll see two of them see page 14 in the user manual.

Jay

I used the 15 amp underseat fused circuit to power my lights on the new RT. This was recommended by Skene Design and it has not tripped a CanBus light. Should power a relay properly.

The ONLY drawback is that this circuit stays on about 30-40 seconds after you switch off the ignition.

Well after going over all the connections, I found a dry solder joint in the new power distribution box.

The coil earth was intermittent. Really only held on with silicon.

Soldered it up and all good.

Garry

Archived