IGNORED

Luggage capacity

utahskies

Long-time BMW rider, and just purchased a new 2015. Loving it so far.

New to the forum, and was wondering....Is it my imagination, or do the luggage cases have less capacity than the hexheads? Or is it perhaps the latest liners that seem to hold less? The BMW liners seem thoughtfully designed, but I'm afraid won't hold as much stuff as the ones on my 2005. Anyone have other experiences, including with different liners?

I really don't want to go to a 49l topbox to have enough storage space - I prefer my old 28l.

2005-2013 RT 32 liters per side.

2014-2015 RT 33 liters per side.

The proportions are different, but the newer bags are slightly bigger.

I always felt the BMW liners looked very nice, but took up too much room (and money). I find that Kathy's bags work better and cost less.

The liners offered by RKA look pretty good and there is good feedback from other members of this board. I have yet to make this purchase but will likely buy the RKA's.

I'm using my old liners from my 02R1150RT, I got them form Helen 2 Wheels. Don't buy the ones currently available with her name! They seem a little small for the 14 case but really do work great.

Jay

I bought a set (3) of the Cee Bailey liners. Never had liners before. I was surprised at how well they fit and how good the quality was. These were cheaper than some others I looked at, I expected less. Just need a nice trip to use them.......

I bought a set (3) of the Cee Bailey liners. Never had liners before. I was surprised at how well they fit and how good the quality was. These were cheaper than some others I looked at, I expected less. Just need a nice trip to use them.......

Saddle bag liners are the way to go. Carrying a dirty saddle bag into hotel is bad but it really bad to bring that dirt into a tent. The odds of you doing damage to the bag while off the bike is much greater. The ease of carrying them is worth the price.

Jay

Archived