IGNORED

Best (lowest price) place to buy 49L top case for 14" RT?

paRTy

Seem to recall someone on this forum talking about a great place to buy the OEM 49L top case, for a very low price.

Anyone know where that might have been? If not, any recommendations?

Thanks.

The boxes from older models fit, I'm keeping mine and having them rekeyed for the 2014.

I'd check the boards and ebay for a clean used one and re key it.

Hi, I bought a brand new 49 litre case (old style) and lock cylinder from a German shop on eBay - Kohl-Gruppe. It was the cheapest I could find on the net (even with shipping from Germany - we don't have a lot of choice shopping locally here).

The link to the item I got is http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/380462455558?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It fits perfectly on the 1200RT WC.

Regards,

Graham

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I believe the dealer I was talking about with the "great" pricing was in OHIO. Maybe it is All Seasons, I'll give them a call.

appreciate it.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I believe the dealer I was talking about with the "great" pricing was in OHIO. Maybe it is All Seasons, I'll give them a call.

appreciate it.

Yep, All Seasons was the place. I had gotten a great price when I had bought my powered top-case with the LED brake light. You will be talking to Chris, when you call.

Thanks Pad.

Are you happy with the "full blown version" of the top case? Trying to justify the extra dollars for the upgrade.

Also, do you feel the 2014 top cases are heavier than the prior versions in a way that you negatively notice it?

thanks.

I bought the "full blown" topcase because my bike has central locking. Very convenient, and I felt that I should use the option instead of a key. If you do not have the central locking, then any case will work.

The case is plenty big enough. Probably bigger than the one from my 06RT. Just my perception. I did not like the one color fits all silver that the factory gives you, so I painted the top to match my Quartz Blue bike.

Thanks Pad.

Are you happy with the "full blown version" of the top case? Trying to justify the extra dollars for the upgrade.

Also, do you feel the 2014 top cases are heavier than the prior versions in a way that you negatively notice it?

thanks.

Love it! I really wanted that extra brake light up high. Modern cars have extra set of brake light up high for good reasons, and I wanted to do the same here.

I don't know for sure, but I think that the new top-case is supposed to be a little bit heavier, but I definitely do not notice it while riding. BTW, when I had my '07 parked right next to my '15 (the '07 was waiting for its new owner), I noticed that the new top-box looks a lot more streamlined than the old one on the '07. Part of it was the new styling, but the look was so pronounced that I had to take a tape-measure to the two boxes, and found that the new top-box was more than 2" lower than the old!

My R1200RT came with the central locking system, hence I wanted and ordered the deluxe version. What I later got was a basic one with my key stuck in the lock and wouldn't come out (long story there). A closer look at the invoice showed I was charged for the basic so I'll live with it.

Now size-wise. I traded in a K1200LT when I bought the R1200RT. Yesterday I took my top case bag from the LT and fill it full and the put it in the new style 49 liter case. There was room all the way around it and the height of the bag was not as tall as the height of the top case. So the 49 liter is bigger than the top case on an LT.

Archived