IGNORED

PDM60 installed on a new 2014 RT???

BarryBeemer

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, a pic would be great. I was looking at putting it between the tail cowl and the frame on the left side, but under the rear seat would be better.

The PDM60 requires a connection to the positive lead on the battery (Positive Lug under the cover), switched power and ground, along with anything you want to power. I had it on my GT and liked it, one circuit is programmed for delayed shut off, the others shut off with the bike and are programmed to support 5A or 15A current loads.

I will use it to power a Stebel horn, Krista lights, P3 lights, radar detector and maybe USB power in the topcase.

• 1 month later...

Great work. If the RT has a radio there is a whole lot less room to work but it can be done neatly like Jim did. Just takes a little more time and thinking. I used the wire off the rear power outlet for the trigger. Same for the hyper lights. My Erica's were easier. The Canopener was plug and play and workes off the wonder wheel.I ran a hot to the tank bag and work the heated gear and a charger for phone and helmet out of the tank bag. The heated controller is wirelss. Only the gear needs power. The air horn was plug and play also. Neat set up.

• 2 months later...

I installed a PDM60 today to power a hard wired radar detector cord. My new RT does have the radio and there is plenty of room to mount the PDM60. What I did to mount the PDM60 was to make a backing plate with studs welded onto the plate to fit the screw holes in the PDM60. I then used adhesive backed Velcro to attach the plate to the plastic that is the top side of the fender. This way I don't have to drill any holes on the motorcycle and I can still un-mount the PDM60 from the plate if I need to get at the bottom of it to use the programming cable. I used the power socket power for the trigger to the PDM60.

6469.jpg.3bd9d7c802c74c03e0f4b23f8fcd12db.jpg

I tried using the "File Manager" to upload a picture, but that didn't work. I'll see if I can figure out how to upload a picture.

Nice install of the PDM 60.

One thing I discovered when installing a fuse box on an RT is that if you remove the connector on the side of the flat area and tuck it down along the left side of the subframe (as in the pic below), you get a bit more room around the box to ease access/wire crowding, without having to cut off the vertical post the connector was on:

IMG_0852_zps8hwz9b7q.jpg

Archived