IGNORED

Lowering brake pedal on BMW R1200RT 2014

David Litchford

David Litchford

Lowered my foot pegs with Suburban kit but am unable to adjust my brake pedal to any great extent...at least below the foot peg level. I made all the adjustment possible with the present ".yolk screw", but that is not nearly enough. Any ideas on how the pedal can be further lowered?

Someone else asked this question. This reply came from another inmate. I copied and saved the info. in case I need to lower the brake pedal.

"Lower rt brake pedal: the foot peg mounting plate is held on by one bolt behind the mounting plate up above the exhaust. Remove this mounting plate and foot peg, now you are looking at the brake petal and its mounting bolt, loosen the master cly pushrod lock nut, remove the brake petal mounting bolt unhook the return spring now unscrew the brake pedal off of the master cly pushrod. using a dremmel with a cut off wheel or any suitable cutoff tool I shortened this pushrod by 6 threads. now remove the locknut off of the pushrod then screw the brake petal clevus back on to the shortened mastercly pushrod as far as it will go reassemble the removed brake petal hooking up the return spring befor you start the piviot bolt. don't forget to tighten the push rod into the clevus leaving out the removed jamnut reinstall the footpeg support plate and test it out much better now !!!!

note there is no stop light switch to worry about."

Hey there... I am new to the Wethead by about 24 hours, but my bike or manual... somewhere there... was a notice that you could rotate the shifter on its splines, after removing the footage plate.

I did this on my old '05 after getting the peg lowering kit and it was easy peasy.

I would not go cutting anything on a my bike will I was certain there was no other way... but keep us posted on what happens and how.

No splines on the shifter. There is a jam nut you can adjust. Much easier than removing the shifter and putting it back on in a new position. I will just live with the rear brake.

The shifter is easy to adjust. Loosen the jam nuts on both ends and rotate the adjuster rod. One end of the rod has right hand threads, the other end has left hand threads. Then retighten the jam nuts. Hold the adjuster rod from turning when you tighten/loosen the jam nuts.

David Langford

I also have the lower pegs and simply removed the lock nut from the brake push rod and reinstalled the clevis all the way up and it is right where I want it.

Archived