IGNORED

Autoswitch on newer bikes

Mike the Ghoul

Mike the Ghoul

Not sure this is where this belongs.

Has anyone used an autoswitch on the newer bikes with the single turn signal switch to control auxiliary lights? Any problems, or successes? Their web site suggests tying into the clutch cut off switch rather than turn signal canceler. They say it worked for a K1600GTL.

I am thinking of adding driving lights to my 2014 1200RT.

Thanks in advance.

mike

Mike,

I had driving lights on my 2012 K1600 with the switch you reference, but it required you to press the button to turn on the lights --every time. Personally it was frustrating because half the time I just forgot to press the switch until I realized the lights were not illuminated.

(Maybe there's a software fix for that now.)

Since I want to run with these lights on all the time, when I had Denali lights put on my 2014 RT I asked the tech at Twisted Throttle to wire them so they are always on when the ignition key is turned on. That way there's no need to require activation via switch.

They did that and it works perfectly. They also put a separate little black switch (mounted out of sight next to the side of the left fairing compartment), so I can toggle between high and normal light levels, but they always on when the key is turned on.

Long message short: there was no need for changing to the K1600 switch at all.

Hope this helps.

Weston

Mike the Ghoul

Thanks Weston. But that is exactly what I want. I want to be able to turn them on and off when I want/need. What button are you referring to when you said you had to push the button to turn them on? And just to be clear, you are talking about the Autoswitch brand switch http://www.autoswitch.com/index.php, right?

Was it hard to wire?

Mike

Archived