IGNORED

Not switching off cruise control -- ok?

blackyam

Hi, everyone. I'm sure this is a really dumb question. I sometimes forget to switch off the cruise control on my 2010 R12RT before I shut down the bike, so that the cruise control is already in the ON position the next time I fire up the bike. Is that bad, or not to worry about it? Thanks.

---John.

On my 2012 RT the 'set' light on the speedo goes off as soon as the brakes or clutch are utilized. I can't stop without using at least one of them so the set light is off when I shut down. I don't have a cruise "power on' indication (that I am aware of), I rarely ride with the mechanical lock out on the switch in the lock position.

Paul In Australia
The off position does provide some physical protection to the switch.

and you can't accidentlly re instate the cruise control at last speed setting by some obscure hand movement.

regards

Hi, everyone. When I wrote that I sometimes forget to switch off my cruise control, I meant that I forget to push the slider back over the switch. Thanks for your replies. Apparently there are no ill effects from not pushing the slider back.

I thought that the slider was an on/off switch because we have to switch on the cruise control in our cars before we may set them at speed. Apparently this is not so on our bikes.

Thanks again. That's one less thing for me about which to be concerned. :-)

---John.

Archived