IGNORED

Hunting

Clievma

Hi, anybody else get a little 'hunting' on their LC RT between about 2750 and 3250 rpm? It's more noticeable in 2nd and 3rd gears on a neutral to slightly negative throttle ?

My dealer says they all do it but b oth the demo I tested and the GSA I've ridden I don't recall felling it.

Occasionally, I have a bit of "surge" at that RPM. It comes and goes and is not bothersome to me. I have almost 6.000 miles and it seems to be subsiding as the miles go by. I had a 2000RT that surged badly when I first got it and this is nothing like it.

Hi, anybody else get a little 'hunting' on their LC RT

Mine seems to hunt for twisty asphalt and BBQ once in a while. :grin: No, nothing that I've noticed.

Pat

Try riding in "rain" mode under the conditions you describe. I have found my RT to be much smoother in heavy traffic conditions where I am creeping at almost no throttle in lower gears while in rain mode. Smooths out the snatchiness........

Mine was doing this too.

I took it to the dealer to get the top box tailight recognized by the computer, and when the bike did it's "handshake" with the BMW server it turned out there was an update to the ECU available.

Reflashed, the bike runs MUCH better. All part throttle hunting/surging is gone, the throttle response is much crisper off the bottom.

Mine was doing this too.

I took it to the dealer to get the top box tailight recognized by the computer, and when the bike did it's "handshake" with the BMW server it turned out there was an update to the ECU available.

Reflashed, the bike runs MUCH better. All part throttle hunting/surging is gone, the throttle response is much crisper off the bottom.

Sorry, off topic, but when I picked up my '15 RT, I had asked my dealer to set up the BC to recognize the top-box that I had at home, with the extra LED light. I was told that it was not needed, since the '13 model. Sure enough, when I brought the bike home and put on the top-box, there were zero issue. No error messages, and all lights were working fine.

Archived