IGNORED

Clutch friction point adjustment for 2014 wethead

kpax

Does anyone know how to adjust the clutch engagement on the 2014 RTW? This refers to the lever position.

I prefer friction point closer to the grip than almost completely extended like it is now.

Afternoon Kpax

There should be a lever position adjustment wheel on the clutch lever.

Just slightly push the clutch lever forward (& hold it there) then turn the adjuster wheel to have the #1 line up with the triangle.

Number 1 is the shortest clutch lever position to the handlebars.

I've done that. What I want to adjust is where the clutch actually engages, not the lever.

It's hydraullic, so it may be a problem.

Afternoon Kpax

Yep, it's hydraulic so you get what you get on the engagement point. You can introduce a bit of air into the hydraulic system & that will lower the engagement point but the air will eventually work it's way back to the top & you will be back where you started.

I'm not sure if will work on the waterhead but on the hexhead I have ground the adjustment wheel to allow a "0" notch.

That does lower both the lever position & the engagement point but it then requires a firm pull ALL THE WAY to the grip to get a good clutch disengagement.

After you ride your bike for a while the fluff should go out of the clutch plate & (can) lower the engagement point slightly.

Archived