IGNORED

Routing power to accessories at the front of R1200RT

Richard_Spag

I'm sure that you guys have figured this out anyway - but I don't recall seeing it posted here before. Needed to get power to my GPS (Nav2 mount). Rather than tap in to power at the front (I know people have mentioned using the side lights for this)I elected to use a switched power take off from the battery (Autocom unit). Rather than try to thread the cable under the fuel tank I removed the "rails" above the tank and found that there is enough space along the rails to take not only the power lead, but the audio return from my 2610 also. The lead enters under the rails at the base of the tank (below seat level) and exits right at the head stock - looks very tidy and does not intefer with steering lock.

Apologies if this is old news - but it saved me a whole lot of aggrevation!

Regards

Richard

Thanks Richard. Excellent recommendation! I've been putting off beginning the installation of a sat radio because I wasn't sure how to go about making it a "clean" installation. You've solved my issues. Thanks.

Quick disconnect is easy because the wires simply sit under the rails and are not fixed in place. When you remove the rail you can lift out the wires very easily, and then lay them back under the rails when you have finished (no disconnection of wires necessary).

Richard

Interesting idea Richard. My 05 R12RT link in my signature has a photo diary of how I ran power for my GPS, tank bag etc. It's always cool to see how many ways there are to accomplish something!

Archived