What size speed bleeder for the '14 RT?

PadG

The Rocketman

They only have specs up to 2013 on their site:

SB7100S front

SB6100 rear

SB6100 clutch

Call 815 736 6296 or 1 888 879 7016.

I'm sure they'll help you. Real nice folks at SpeedBleeder.

They only have specs up to 2013 on their site:

SB7100S front

SB6100 rear

SB6100 clutch

Call 815 736 6296 or 1 888 879 7016.

I'm sure they'll help you. Real nice folks at SpeedBleeder.

Thanks, but I have a feeling that the sizes are different on the '14. It will be a while yet before I will be doing the brake flush. I will give them a call when the time gets close, but I thought that in the meantime somebody with a '13 GS might know! (I am assuming that the brakes are the same as the '14/'15 RT).

Hi PadG, Welcome to BMWST.

Thanks Andy. In theory, I have been on this forum for several years now, but I guess that I haven't been posting here very much.

• 9 months later...

i ordered those recommended sizes and have learned the hard way on my 2012 r1200rt that the front is incorrect. it is obvious that the front stock is thicker than the proposed replacement speedbleeder. i have emailed them to get their suggestions about which is the correct one for the fronts.

I posted this the end of June.

"A little while ago I asked about which Speed Bleeders I would use to replace the OEM bleeder screws with. I had to do my own home work and now have them installed. The following are good for all Wetheads RT,GS,GSA,R,RS"

SB6100 - left front

SB8125L - Right front

SB1010S - Rear

I shared this with Whitney at Speed Bleeder, she will take care of you, nice folks.

Jay

Archived