IGNORED

R1200RT Radio/CD System

wsearl

This is my first post on what I consider to be a first rate resource for BMW motorcycle owners. I had a R75/5 years ago and then had a long break from motorcycling before returning just 2 days ago as a 58 year old with my purchase of a Dark Graphite R1200RT, which is giving me a great amount of pleasure. ANYWAY to get to the point:

The sound system works better than I expected, but the provision of a CD unit which takes one disc is very strange - unless you love a disc so much that you are happy to hear it over and over or are happy to pull over every 45 minutes it has serious limitations. These days MP3 players are the way to go and are small enough to fit neatly into the lockable compartment on the R12RT. I notice that if you repeatedly push the CD button on the console you get to an 'AUX' option. But how do you set this up? Where is the input for an MP3 player or other device? Is there way of getting your player hooked up other than cannibalising the existing system?

Once again - very glad to be part of this community.

Bill

This is my first post on what I consider to be a first rate resource for BMW motorcycle owners. I had a R75/5 years ago and then had a long break from motorcycling before returning just 2 days ago as a 58 year old with my purchase of a Dark Graphite R1200RT, which is giving me a great amount of pleasure. ANYWAY to get to the point:

The sound system works better than I expected, but the provision of a CD unit which takes one disc is very strange - unless you love a disc so much that you are happy to hear it over and over or are happy to pull over every 45 minutes it has serious limitations. These days MP3 players are the way to go and are small enough to fit neatly into the lockable compartment on the R12RT. I notice that if you repeatedly push the CD button on the console you get to an 'AUX' option. But how do you set this up? Where is the input for an MP3 player or other device? Is there way of getting your player hooked up other than cannibalising the existing system?

Once again - very glad to be part of this community.

Bill

Welcome to the board and congratulations on your new bike. Some of our Irish members dug into this in considerable detail in this thread.

Cya, Andy thumbsup.gif

Archived