IGNORED

Station scan on audio system

kiddo480

I purchased a 2011 RT a few weeks ago which is an amazing bike BTW. I am presently on a trip and don't have access to my manuals. Can anyone tell me how to make the radio scan for stations? Thanks in advance.

Keith

http://www.bmw-motorrad.dk/dk/da/bikes/tour/r1200rt/media/Instruk_R1200RT_Audiosystem_2010_EN.pdf

Finding and saving stations automatically

Selecting the band (  20).

After the audio system has been switched on, the tuner needs about one minute

to find all the receivable stations. Allow this time to expire before starting an automatic search, as otherwise stations not found be- fore your search starts cannot be taken into account.

The twelve stations with the strongest signal will be found and saved. Then the station saved in memory slot 1 will be played.

If fewer then twelve stations are found the lowest frequency in that band will be saved in the remaining memory slots.

If no station can be found then NOSIGNLwill be displayed.

Station search, manual

Selecting the band (  20).

Radio

z

Press the BAND button. Pressing the button switches between FM, medium wave (MW) and long wave (LW) (in some countries only AM and FM are available).

Finding and saving

radio stations

Saving stations

The BMW Motorrad audio sys- tem has 24 station memory slots for each waveband.

Hold down the MEM button until AS--SEEK is displayed.

Press the MODE button re- peatedly until the MAN-mode is active.

Move multi-controller 1 in dir- ection a or b to find the next receivable station.

Move multi-controller 1 in dir- ection a or b and hold it in this position to select a specific fre- quency.

The frequency search stops as soon as the multi-controller is released, even if no playable station has been found on the current frequency.

Archived