IGNORED

Scala G9 and '14 RT

Copper

Picked up my new '14 RT today. This bike is a dream, however the amount of technology is a little overwhelming. I have 2 issues that I could use help with. The first is that I have paired my Scala G9 headset to the motorcycle. The audio is working, however there is a noticeable amount of static which are making the XM stations a little distorted. This is not there when using the bike speakers?

2nd is that I have paired my phone to the Nav 5 unit, but with my Scala G9 on for the radio, I thought the turn by turn directions would over ride the music but it's not. I can see the directions on the screen but no audio from my Scala. Been looking at the books but there is a lot of information. Any help appreciated.

I ordered a comm unit (not Scala) and it should be here this week so I'll be going through the same exercise. If I make any breakthroughs I'll post them.

Yeah, with 63 pages on Bluetooth and pairing, it's complicated. Heck, I got a bit irritated just assigning some radio stations to memory locations. It was not intuitive.

I also could not hear the Nav voice instructions and read on one of these forums that you touch the mute icon on the Nav to mute it , then touch it again to un mute it. Presto, I can hear the voice instructions. Seems odd, but it worked for me.

This is why I am struggling with the decision of what to buy. I am considering spending the big dollars and buying two Shuberth C3 Pro and the BMW communications. Even with 15% from the dealer it is going to cost $2000. Supposedly it works seemlesly with the bike and volume and all other functions are controlled from the bike.

If there is a system that works allowing me to buy shoei please let me know.

You can also listen to the NAV thru the bikes audio system, rather than pair it GPS to helmet.You can actually do both. Turn BT off on the NAV and it will play thru audio as long as audio is on. This config. is better because you eliminate the delay in 'pairing' process every time your GPS prompts you (cutting off the audio). Then you can pair you cel phone dirt to helmet. When on audio BT, you will need to turn the treble and bass all the way down (-6) this will reduce the com from overpowering the BT.

I know you already ordered your bluetooth headset, so this might not be something you're interested in...

Sena has just released a new headset that has multiple bluetooth radios in it, so in theory could pair with the bike AND your phone plus another headset for intercom. You can give each a priority (GPS more important than intercom, which is more important than music, etc.) Also, you're supposed to be able to accomplish setting changes via an app on your phone.

Sena 20S

I currently own the SMH10 model, and it's by far the best headset out of many I've tried.

Note that the 20S just came out, so I am waiting a bit for them to work out some of the new-device bugs.

Are you able to control the volume, change tracks from the handlebar using the G9? [/quote

No, I have to use all the controls on the G9. It just sounds like a radio station going out of range when its bluetoothed to the bike. If i connect the G9 to my phone its crystal clear.

Having lots of pain trying to get everything working properly with my n-com B4+. Will work with radio + Garmin or radio + phone but not all three. The phone loses out to the Garmin. Also, the order devices are turned on seems to make a difference too. I think I'm going to have to build a test matrix to try all the combinations. If/when I get it all figured out I'll probably start a new thread dedicated to the n-com B4+.

Archived