IGNORED

Which bags for new GS

Cedarone

I have a 2015 GSW on order and am wondering which bags to get for it. Jessey's to big and bulky for my liking. What do you have and why? May just get the BMW Vario bags. I also like the Tourtec bags.

Thanks much,

Tom

How are you going to use the bike?

Any off road, a lot of off road with potential for drops?

Or, Starbucking and almost all on road w/typical risk of drops?

Solo/pillion?

Gear carrying needs?

ON a GS it ain't about the looks, IMO, it is how you want it to function.

Some brands are more robust wrt bike naps, some w/capacities.

I bought all 3 of the Bmw bags, they are big enough, sturdy, easy to use, they key them for you. May cost a bit more but they fit and work the way they are suppose to.

scott

Which are the narrowest hard bags for the new GS? I would prefer something that will fit the stock BMW mounts because they are made for a box with a muffler cutout. I like the Globescouts but they are huge, I really don't need a 45L box. Are the BMW Vario boxes any narrower in total width across the rear? Is there another brand of hard case that is really narrow? I thought about Pellican cases but decided I want aluminum hard cases. Could someone with BMW Vario cases give me a total width measurement? That would help give me a better picture of what's available.

Thanks,

Bruce

Globescout makes this kit,which will fit the GSA too,but requires Globescout racks,it's notched to clear the exhaust.

35.4 in wide in the 35 liter size.

http://advdepot.com/globescout-world-class-special-pannier-kit-2013-r1200gs.html

Can always sell the GSA racks for a few hundred,to offset some of the cost.

The BMW and Globescout for the GSA all work out to around 38-39in width,this is still around or less than handlebar width,so you can tell if you can squeeze thru an opening.

JR356

Archived