IGNORED

How do you adjust SVOL on the BMW radio?

Quint

I cannot figure out how to adjust the SVOL on the BMW radio fitted to my R1200RT. In the manual it states:

"The audio system can automatically adapt the playback volume to the speed. To achieve this, one of four possible adaptation curves must be selected.

Press the MAN button until the display changes.

SVOL and the active curve appear on the display."

I cannot seem to do this for love nor money. What happens now, is that when the bike's at the lights, I can hardly hear it so I turn up the volume. When it gets to 45 mph, it just about blasts me off the seat.

Has anyone solved this perplexing riddle??!!! dopeslap.gif

There is no problem in adding either Autocom or Starcom units to your bike and getting the OEM radio play through them. Quite an easy install provided you get the plastic off first!!

thumbsup.gif

Hey Rob

I'd like a bit of good ol' Irish ingenuity (after all, the Irish built most of the free world!). How do you actually adjust the SVOL setting? When I follow the instructions, I cannot get it to work.

As I recall, I had to hold down the Manual button until the display changed, not just press it. Then I could set the SVOL. And it is "upside down". The higher settings have lower volume adjustment with speed. Mine works just fine.

Archived