IGNORED

Saddle bag liners

weston

Has anyone bought the BMW saddle bag liners for the 2014 RTW?

If so, what's your opinion of them from the standpoint of fit, finish and overall quality -- especially versus other (non-BMW), after-market makers?

weston

The factory bag liners are very nice for all years. Very high quality.

The thing about them is, to me, they are very bulky for the sake of aesthetics.

Leather panels, etc.

bulk means wasted space to me.

The aftermarket ones work well and are nowhere near as bulky so you have more room for stuff.

I like the Cee Baileys but other brands I'm sure are fine. Even soft gym bags work.

I'm using the bags from my 02R1150RT, Helen 2 Wheels. They fit fine not perfect (maybe a little small) but well enough. Don’t look for her stuff now, the company selling it with her name are just bad folks.

Jay

The OEM bags are indeed nice. But their form consumes even more space in what are disappointingly small panniers. Also the way the carrying handles work mean that although they are ok to carry, they are not the best.

So, i would not want to discourage anyone from them, but take a good look at aftermarket options as they may well work better for YOU.

I own the CB liners for my 1100 and sold Cee Bailey for 10 years or so. Great stuff, fits perfectly, nice people to deal with. Quality stuff.

You can't go wrong with CB or RKA. with both companies, if you call them, you get a person, and they are made in house. Both in Ca.

Archived