IGNORED

2014 RT Givi mount?

paRTy

Hello-

I have a v46 Givi top case that I'd like to mount on a 2014rt. I'm getting differences of opinions.

Givi says the E193 will not work on the 2014. They had to take off their catalog. Revzilla shoes an E193 for the 2014. Some folks here say that it works, but doesn't fit great, or right?

Givi part for the 2014 (new mount) is not available yet. Aluminum mount for $199. Yikes.

Anyone have any pics of the mount on a 2014RT? And if so, are you happy with it? Is it solid. I want my wife to ride with it when she can join me, so safety is utmost.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Check out this post from ryan_ca1. Proof enough for me that it will work. :thumbsup:

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=79020&Number=877213#Post877213

The only issue I could see is a clearance problem with the attachment plates that you have to place on the bottom of your rack. Maybe you'll have to unbolt the rack and mount the plate, then reattach the rack?

Pat

My hubby has the 14 RTW and he researched this issue completely. He ended up using the E251 composite mount. He has a v47 topcase . the E251 rack mounts directly to the BMW rack. The bolts supplied by givi are not long enough for the front. You will need to buy ones that are 10mm to 1/2" longer. The finished setup is very secure.

• 6 months later...
Mike the Ghoul

Sorry to bring up such an old post. I just installed the E193. It was a little finicky to line up but worked out well. A question I have is did you use a torque setting to tighten the mounting bolts? Or how tight did you make them?

Thanks.

mike

I just bought one through Touratec. They told me it was the only one in the US. Give them a try that was two weeks ago. Good luck. GT

Call Revzilla on the phone- I did and asked about the mount and they called GIVI, who in turn had them in stock. Revzilla then sent me an invoice to buy, at their same price. This was a couple weeks ago, so not sure if still available, but Revzilla offered great customer service.

I ended up getting the 28L BMW case in the long run from somewhere else, but call them and give it a shot, they may still be able to do the same deal.

Archived