IGNORED

Factory installed Radio > Bluetooth

coulter

I can't be the only one who's pissed that there's no way to listen to

the radio on my 2010 R1200RT using bluetooth or hardwire

I mean why did they bother to put a radio on the bike if you can't use it?

Normally, that means people don't want to buy the BMW Comm system and the Schuberth to use ALL of the audio features.This should have been made clear before the purchase of the bike.

Pretty sure there is a "line out" a person can do to just listen to tunes.

Search.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

The BMW bluetooth works, almost only, with the Schuberth SRC.

You can try J&M, which works but is pricey for BT. I don't see the R12RT listed in the catalog anymore though. They may have something hardwired too.

You can try Cardo who makes a BT dongle that might mate with your bike connector, or can be patched with a dealer ordered connector, and will work with a Cardo Scala BT headset.

I don't think anyone yet makes a completely compatible headset due to the proprietary nature, and variability of, BT protocols.

I mean why did they bother to put a radio on the bike if you can't use it?

The same reason dealers order their new bikes fully-loaded, to increase price and profit.

I've wondered how difficult it would be remove the whole thing and the speakers. The little "glove box" that is usually in the radio's location is a lot more useful!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2012 RT and hardwired my favorite earphones into the system. Very easy to do and cost less than $30. The wiring harness on the 2010 and newer RT has a rear speaker output connector. You simply buy the male end of the plug from your BMW store and wire it to a small stereo jack from Radio Shack. Plug in your headphones then press "MODE" on the radio panel then tab to "LINE IN / OUT using the rolling thumb dial. Select "LINE OUT" and you'll have great sounding music from any of the sources available on our system, including the GPS and Aux functions.

Archived