IGNORED

Re: TankBag for 2014 1200RT

Skywagon

Anybody zero'd in on a tankbag you like for the new RT. I am looking at Givi and RKA so far. I would like about 15l shrinkable-expandable, filler cap mount, map display, no electrics, and something that somewhat conforms to the tank curve. Pictures would be great.

Regards,

Anybody zero'd in on a tankbag you like for the new RT. I am looking at Givi and RKA so far. I would like about 15l shrinkable-expandable, filler cap mount, map display, no electrics, and something that somewhat conforms to the tank curve. Pictures would be great.

Regards,

I like the Touratech bag I had on my K1600GT the most. It's nicely contoured to the curve of the tank, but they have yet to come up with an attachment mechanism to fit the R1200RT, so until that is produced, right now it's not transferable. I like it because it's a cinch to lift (without removal) when gassing up, sits fairly low on the tank, and has a wonderfully large map pocket that accommodates a double fold map easily.

I also like the SW Moto quick release tank bags. They too are nicely curved, but the bag needs a separate map holder that fits on top of the bag. (No map pocket integral to the bag!) For me this works on my Moto Guzzi, but on the RT it makes the bag too high for ease and comfort. Perhaps a tall person would found this no problem, but for me it's awkward.

I would add that it's the same reason I don't like the BMW unit, which I bought and mounted but now never use. (If you want it, let me know -- I'll sell it for a bargain price!)

Weston

Regards,

I like the Touratech bag I had on my K1600GT the most. It's nicely contoured to the curve of the tank, but they have yet to come up with an attachment mechanism to fit the R1200RT, so until that is produced, right now it's not transferable. I like it because it's a cinch to lift (without removal) when gassing up, sits fairly low on the tank, and has a wonderfully large map pocket that accommodates a double fold map easily.

I also like the SW Moto quick release tank bags. They too are nicely curved, but the bag needs a separate map holder that fits on top of the bag. (No map pocket integral to the bag!) For me this works on my Moto Guzzi, but on the RT it makes the bag too high for ease and comfort. Perhaps a tall person would found this no problem, but for me it's awkward.

I would add that it's the same reason I don't like the BMW unit, which I bought and mounted but now never use. (If you want it, let me know -- I'll sell it for a bargain price!)

Weston

An update on my own prior post: turns out there is now a Touratech tank bag for the 2014 RT only it currently shows up just on their German website. For those interested, the part number is: 047-5800. I just bought one...

Weston

SW Motech City Evo. got iot from Twisted Throttle. You have to order the tank bag and the ring. In the package is a template to drill the holes where you want the tankbag to ride on the ring. Very easy to do. You want it to sit as far back as possible, which is the ring in the front of the tankbag. It will be very simple when you see it. Takes 10 minutes to install ring and all.

Map case is seperate.

Archived