IGNORED

Service interval warning

chrismckay

Im just about to leave on a 3k European trip on my 2012 RT1200.

During this time the service interval will pass.

I have changed the oil and filter and anything else it needed before the trip . My question is that when I pass the service interval as displayed on the trip computer, does the yellow warning light come on and stay on all the time until BMW services the motorcycle?

Chris

DaveTheAffable

No yellow warning symbol will come on.

But the gentle, audible, "Whoop, Whoop, Whoop...Threat Alert" ...does get a little irritating.

(JK!) :grin:

(I think it's by date?)

You'll get a little text message in the box lower left... mine currently says "Service May 2014"

I believe message appears briefly when you start the bike then goes away. I checked with 2 local dealers here in USA, one was $45, other was $50 to reset, you can have it reset to 2 years out max. I decided the GS-911 was worth the money.

"Service" stays in the lower left corner until it is reset unless you are using the heated grips. I wonder how far ahead the mileage can be set. At current rates, I am getting the mileage well before the calendar time.

Frank

• 4 weeks later...

Morning Wade

Both, it is (dealer) reset to next service due & that can be either MILES or TIME depending on how far you ride in a year.

Using the GS-911 it can be reset to farther ahead than next service & a longer time interval.

Archived