IGNORED

Tail Rack Options for RTW

OzarkR1200RT

OzarkR1200RT

Shock is replaced and all is right in the world.....well sort of.....I'm told the "check is in the mail." Ha!

Now onto additional farkles! Anyone have a solution for an aluminium tail rack that I can strap a dry bag too? My searches have come up snake eyes

TracerBullet
Thanks Sal! I looked at BMR but want to retain my passenger seat. Want this rack to take the place of the trunk.

I didn't even catch that. The one I hade on my 04 connected to the tailback. I have to follow this thread because I will be looking for the same thing you are

Might wanna shoot an email to BMR. If they don't have it now, they may produce one for you that they'll ultimately offer to anyone else that wants one...

TracerBullet
Might wanna shoot an email to BMR. If they don't have it now, they may produce one for you that they'll ultimately offer to anyone else that wants one...

Thanks. I shot them an email. I'll post their reply when I get it

Guest Kakugo
Shock is replaced and all is right in the world.....well sort of.....I'm told the "check is in the mail." Ha!

Now onto additional farkles! Anyone have a solution for an aluminium tail rack that I can strap a dry bag too? My searches have come up snake eyes

Different bike but you are in the same boat as me.

I have been looking for a metal rack for my Hexhead for over two years now and no luck.

On my Kawasaki C14 I had a Premier Cycle luggage rack which would have been just the right thing but sadly nobody makes something remotely similar for any BMW...

I think GIVI have just started advertising an aluminium plate for the 2014 RT but no pictures yet. Not sure if this might suite. Search for GIVI top plate.

I think the market for this sort of item is pretty small, you will probably need to create a custom solution.

An aluminum plate clamped to the rack with a few holes for straps should not be too difficult to fabricate.

BMW already includes a decent rack and panniers with the bike. They work well enough for what is already a small customer base, so that the aftermarket sales opportunities are essentially nil. (Try finding alternate hard panniers for an RT.) And the RTW is still relatively new, Givi's product page is not yet even listing the 2014 RT.

... (Try finding alternate hard panniers for an RT.)

Which is a real shame,as the OEM ones are shamefully small internally considering the external dimensions.

I think the market for this sort of item is pretty small, you will probably need to create a custom solution.

An aluminum plate clamped to the rack with a few holes for straps should not be too difficult to fabricate.

BMW already includes a decent rack and panniers with the bike. They work well enough for what is already a small customer base, so that the aftermarket sales opportunities are essentially nil. (Try finding alternate hard panniers for an RT.) And the RTW is still relatively new, Givi's product page is not yet even listing the 2014 RT.

+1 for custom.

HOpe the GIVI works they are top drawer.

For my U bag I simply cut some wood, drilled holes to match rack (a GIVI) and bolted it on.

Provides stable base for large upack and is ez to remove for using GIVI 52 L.

You can paint the wood to blendw/bike or rack.

OzarkR1200RT

Went with twisted throttle solution. Bought the top rack plate for the GT/GTL along with rack that attaches to base plate. Yes said GT as it appears to be the same parts as RT. Should do the trick!

OzarkR1200RT

Will do! In the mean time search twisted throttle under 2014 GTL. Look for base plate and then you add the rack to the base plate. Approx $200

Archived