IGNORED

2014 RT shock recall

UberXY

Dealers should be getting new shocks next week.

I sure wish I had bought one of the affected RTs. $2500 cash return in 3 months on $20k purchase of a depreciating asset is TFA.

Not me. I use my bike for transportation 5 days a week. The only option that would have worked is a loaner. Thankfully I didn't buy a new RT.

+1

As one of the lucky ones to buy this bike the recall has been a pain but not to the extent of $2500. Our summer here in the PNW has been warm and dry allowing me to use the bicycle for commuting; making lemonade whenever possible.

I was about to trade in my almost new 2013 rt for the new water cooled 14. The dealer wanted my bike and $4,000 in boot money. I decided that was to much and did not do it. Then after I found out about the $2,500 credit, I asked them to put me down for a new one, apply the credit, and I would only have to give them $1,500 difference. I knew it would be to good to be true. Was told I would have already had to have a deposit on the new one before the recall in order to get the credit. I thought it was a nice try anyway, looks like I will wait for the 15's and look at it again. I did however ride a 14 gs the other day and what a difference in power from my 13 engine. If the new RT is anything close to that, I know I wont be able to hold out for long.

fourteenfour

Out of curiosity, has anyone run that payout by their accountant? Is there any tax issues here? I figure one or more states would find a way to see it as income. I wonder what form BMW will report it under.

I got the call that they got some shocks in.

Which is a little comical, as I don't have a new bike, but I will take the shocks. As many as they will give me.

So if any of you guys want your shocks now, I will get one for you.

dc

Archived