IGNORED

Reasons not to buy a 1995 GS

lexxol

I have a chance to buy a very clean 1995 GS 1100. Is there any reason I should not buy it? Milage is 22k,spoke wheels and non abs.

Because there is a 1200GS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a 96 R1100gs with 23k a year and six months ago. I love the bike and would buy it again in a heartbeat. Didn't want to pay the price for new or even newer and it has worked very well for me. Feel free to PM me if you want to pick my brain.

Tracy

I have a chance to buy a very clean 1995 GS 1100. Is there any reason I should not buy it? Milage is 22k,spoke wheels and non abs.

So I can buy it? I'd like to find a GS bike that I can afford. Right now I'll have to wait. Enjoy!!! --Jerry

Go to advrider.com and do a search. I know that the tranny's were prone to failure. The plastic tank was prone to blistering I guess. Tourtech hard parts are a must they say on the tranny. I have one and just love it, prolly better that my rt.

If it has the metal tank, your fine. The plastic ones blistered like a dog and were replaced even if out of warranty. (no, they wont do it now). the early ones had the coo-coo mile long throttle cable that was a mutha to keep right and tight so they surged even more. the RID was an option, does this one have it? if no ABS, i doubt it but there are some dealers out there that have new RID's on the shelf to sell cheap. hopefully, it has a better seat, check the usual, brake rotor thickness, service records, if the clutch has free play, etc.

Archived