IGNORED

uClear Bluetooth Set Up

El Jeffe

Hi guys. I recently installed a uClear hbc 200 comm system in my helmet. The thing works great with my iPod and my phone, but the sound from my on-board audio system on my 2013 r1200rt is absolutely terrible! I cannot make out the music at all! Just terrible static with some music (sort of) in the back ground. uClear tech support says their system is not optimized for BMW audio systems. That sounds a bit strange to me given the other stuff connects and sounds just fine. My unit pairs with my audio system without issue and I have updated firmware.

I am a solo rider and do not use intercom.

Anyone have any luck with pairing the hbc 200 to your bike and having it work?

Nathan Margolis

Had similar situation with Scena. I just turned down the treble and base and all works well. Sound is not wonderful music like high dollar headphones but very acceptable on the bike. Not sure about uClear but Scena speakers in helmet are not really for music and that is the reason for the non perfect music.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, uClear said their system is not optimized for the BMW audio system. Not sure what that means.

BMW said that uClear is interfering with audio system bluetooth. That does not sound right, either.

Looks like I'm stuck with it for now.

Well, uClear said their system is not optimized for the BMW audio system. Not sure what that means.

BMW said that uClear is interfering with audio system bluetooth. That does not sound right, either.

Looks like I'm stuck with it for now.

Kathy and are new to UClear audio, have used them a couple of times bike to bike and are very happy with the system...Not much experience and we don't have the BMW audio systems....So, sorry, probably not much help for your issue.... Clarity is excellent. My hearing is not very good but I hear fine with them.... No boom is what I wanted also....Will set up an Apple Nano for music next....Good luck....Hope the system works for you.......

Archived