IGNORED

OEM LED LIGHTS

ChrisvH

I am considering installing BMW OEM additional lights on my 1200RT WC. Has anyone had these installed by a dealer? Could you post a photo so I can see how they are installed?

Many thanks

I installed them myself, you will need a dealer to activate them with the computer for the can bus. The mounts are great, if anyone chooses a different light I’d still recommend the mount. They are located in a very good spot providing the triangle with the main headlight makes it easier for oncoming traffic to judge you closing rate.

I can’t post pictures to this forum but they look just like the photos you’ll see from BMW (a good photo is shown in accessories on the American site) or an offering internet dealer.

Jay

Mine were installed by the dealer, just before the Stop Ride order. Haven't had them out on the road yet, but from the installation and little bit of testing out at the dealer, they should do the trick. I don't think I would have wanted to install myself. They look good down there near the front of the cylinder heads.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my R1200RT back, sweet, I had the OEM driving lights installed, I would like to know if they are suppose to turn off when you select your high beam or it is normal for them to stay on.

Same mounts, Erica's. The wiring harness makes install truely plug and play. Great look and set up.

Would love to see pics of this setup if you have a couple.

Archived