IGNORED

new life for an old bike and a flat tire

ross96rt

Spent the weekend up at my parents house pulling my K bike out of deployment mothballs. Took all the panels to a friend who did an awesome job of prepping, repairing and painting the parts for me. Had a good time working on the bike with my dad.

Got it all back together and rode it back the 140 miles to my house and it ran flawlessly. I was so excited I decided to ride the bike to work on Monday morning. Well I did my pre ride checks and got on it and rode about a mile and noticed it was a little sloppy in the rear end. I pulled over and danged if I didn't have a low tire. limped it home and by then the tire was almost on the rim. Nail in the rear tire on the first ride to work! Got the new tire ordered but it is killing me seeing that fresh bike sitting in the garage on my 4 days off!

Here are some picks of the work in progress

http://ross96rt.tripod.com/k_bike

WOW!! Ross is that really you?? Where have you been man?? It's been a few years since I've seen your name here??

Enjoy the KRide. Weather is primo ya??

limped it home and by then the tire was almost on the rim. Nail in the rear tire on the first ride to work! Got the new tire ordered but it is killing me seeing that fresh bike sitting in the garage on my 4 days off!

Nice work! I am also doing a little repair wok on my K100 as a result of a broken center stand causing it to fall over.

As for your tire, just put a standard self-vulcanizing patch on the inside. I had a nail in a near-new rear tire a couple of years ago, and patched it this way. It lasted for 15,000 km until the tire was worn out, and still was as secure as the day I put it on.

Bob.

WOW!! Ross is that really you?? Where have you been man?? It's been a few years since I've seen your name here??

Enjoy the KRide. Weather is primo ya??

Well I have been staying busy you know how it is.

Yes the weather is beautiful. One of my friends at work has a 2004 ST1300 he has been begging me to ride for a few days to get it out of his garage (he has a new Goldwing now). I may take him up on it today.

Archived