IGNORED

BMW Maintenance CD

Buster

Ok, I bought the bullet and paid BMW's price for the maintenance cd for my new hexhead because none of the aftermarket publishers have a book out for this model as yet. Haven't used it much yet but there's a problem some of you computer geeks might be able to help me with.

When using this cd for the first time, it wants to write a small file to my computer which will enable it to use Internet Explorer to display its information. This works fine on all my computers which have IE6 but I have one computer which has the new IE7 Beta2 version installed, and the BMW CD won't work with that set-up (at least with the default settings currently running in IE7.

Something about xhtml resources. dopeslap.gif

Any ideas?

TIA

They must have changed the disk. I have the one that covers all 3 hexheads but it doesn't use a browser. I have IE6 and Firefox but it opens up it's own window and displays the info there confused.gif

Will this maintenance CD work on an Apple computer?
From the CD jacket:

Operating System Requirements:

Windows NT 4.0 SP6, Windows 2000 or higher

I bought the one from eBay, shipped from Italy. No problems with the transaction or seller.

The CD covers the RT,GS, and ST, both European and US models. It says:

Published by BMW Motorrad

Service

UX-VS-2

D-80788 München

The disc is a Verbatim CD with no other markings on it which leads me to believe that it is a pirated copy of BMW's CD.

The disc is a Verbatim CD with no other markings on it which leads me to believe that it is a pirated copy of BMW's CD.

I suspected this. Personally, I won't intentionally buy a bootleg copy of any software. Thanks for responding.

Jay

Just received my CD from dealer for $80. cdn. + postage etc.

And I'm a little disappointed at first perusal with its

seeming lack of detail instructions when it matters.

Like---Remove spark plug cover. Fine, which end do you

pry or pull out? I know now but no thanks to the CD.

Also, their instructions and pictures are way behind

my buddy's on his Honda RC51.

Still, I love the R12 ST , it's a keeper

I'll be installing a laminar lip when the weather warms up.

Bud F

aggieengineer

Ditto,

It's not nearly the quality of the service manual that came free with my son's $2500 Yamaha 125. Wish I had bought the bootleg copy! And who proofread that Rider's Manual? Geez, I expected better that that with a $20K motorcycle!

Archived