IGNORED

BMW comfort Seat

Over

I've even saving up for a BMW comfort seat and it's so much lower than the standard one, it's unusable for my long legs ( I'm 6'5")

I measured the height from the old seat to the ground on centre stand, and it was 930mm,

The new seat was fitted, and I was amazed that it is 860mm, and also the more defined sculpting means I sit further forward, but after a short 10 mile ride I've decided it's not for me, knees to bent and found it difficult to get my feet on the pegs.

:-(

Interesting....

I was just going to buy one but I have read a few people say the same thing about sitting too far forward.

Did you get your money back?

If you don't have one yet, you should consider a footpeg-lowering kit. I'm only 6'00" and it helps my knees immensely. No effect on cornering clearance (at least the way I ride). My Corbin seat set on the bike's highest seat setting isn't noticeably different from the stock seat height -- but much more comfortable for me than the stock seat, which used to cause rear numbness unless I moved around on it frequently.

Sadly dealer won't give me my money back, says it cannot be returned to BMW as it has been out of the factory for more than 14 days.

They forget the fact that it was delayed when I ordered it, and they dealer closed on Monday, then I was on holiday for a week then they were closed again on the Monday...

I fitted it the day it arrived ( courier was a day late) and emailed them that night.

I've told them they can forget me upgrading my 2013 to an LC model with them later in the year.

Don't get me wrong it's a very nice comfortable seat, but not if you have long legs.

I did t want to spend more money on the bike as I am going to get an LC in the fall or winter, and scraped my feet on the group when I had peg lowering on my Honda ST1300 so am selling the seat on eBay.

Shame on dealer for being so 'understanding',

Chris, the eBay item number is 271559278849 and I've PMd you

Nice one over....

Dealership has offered me one at a discount....I will keep an eye on this though

Archived