IGNORED

Lowering a K1200RS -- any ideas ?

K12rider

I am inseam challenged.

I have a 2001 K1200RS - currently in the low seat position with a std. Cobin after market seat.

I would like to lower the bike as much as possible w/o an exorbitant cost -- what suspension /seat options are available.

Anyone have a history of doing this ?

Works Performance makes lower shocks for that bike. Lowers it an inch,

Cost is 1350. For both new shocks, built to your weight and experience level.

Can take 4-8 weeks in peak season. This is peak season. You can call and talk to Tom in engineering. I suggest talking to no one else.

I would also call Lindemann Engeneering in Redlands, Ca. It's possible your factory shocks can be lowered and re sprung to gain that lower amount. But call them to see. Obviosly, proceed would be much less than new shocks.

No idea where you are at, but Corbin saddles can do a lower seat whole you wait in about 5 hours. They are in Hollister, Ca. Make an appointment. Cost is 550.00

Plus tax. If you call, ask for Janice.

Your stands will be about harder to operate with the bike being lower, you can lived with it like most do, or have a good shop lower the stands by cutting and re welding. Normally footpegs are not an issue as you have the secondary location anyway.

Get a different seat, there are lower ones.

A stock RS seat is lower than the Corbin and can be trimmed slightly. Look for a used one, not expensive.

Add some to your boot soles.

Cobbler can do.

Easy to get the same result as lowering bike.

• 2 weeks later...

I got River Road double zipper boots. adds 1-7/8 to the heels for about 125.00 at revzilla, lots cheaper than suspension work. I figured it was worth a shot.. and they have turned out great. They are real comfortable.. break in was fast, I don't feel like I'm walking on platforms..... they're worth the shot.

Archived